I wanted to take a minute and share a recipe with you. This recipe was given to me by Ms. Sue Holder back in 2014. I have made this recipe several times, and I think of Ms. Sue every time. How I miss talking recipes with Ms. Sue!
I can’t put into words what it means to me to be a part of this wonderful association; the friendships last a lifetime.
I hope everyone is busy cooking up something good and scrumptious!!!
Here is another one of my favorite quotes:
We cannot turn back time, but we can adjust how we “tick” moving forward.
Hope each of you has a wonderful day!!!
Spiced Cinnamon-Apple Bread
•2 cups all-purpose flour
•2 cups apples, small-medium diced (granny smiths, approx. 2 medium apples)
•3 eggs, room temperature
•3/4 cup vegetable oil
•3/4 cup granulated sugar
•1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
•2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
•1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
•1/2 teaspoon baking soda
•1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
•1/2 teaspoon fine salt
•1 teaspoon vanilla extract
•1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
•1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
•1 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350º F and butter a 9x5in loaf pan.
2. Mix or sift flour, cinnamon, allspice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
3. In a small bowl, mix the eggs, oil, sugars and vanilla until everything is combined. Add egg mixture to the dry ingredients and incorporate well. Don’t over mix. Fold in the apples so they’re completely covered and mixed in, and place batter in loaf pan.
4. In a medium bowl, combine “Topping” ingredients and blend together. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
5. Bake until loaf is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, around 45-55 minutes.
6. Remove to cooling rack and let cool. Run knife along the edge of baking dish to loosen the loaf. Transfer to serving plate and enjoy.